{I Am} All That You Need

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

This week's post comes from Dawn at The Most Perfect Gift


Listen in your heart as the Lord whispers to you, “All that you need…I AM.” 

When I read these words I felt God’s presence, His embrace, warmth and love and I was reminded He is all that I need.

I AM

Two short words that signify so much.

Many times I hear people say, “Don’t put God in a box.” or “God is bigger than your troubles.”

When I first began my walk with Christ, in my mind, I used to make God too big, unreachable – at least for me. I believed the stories in the Bible and people’s testimonies how God performed signs and miracles, but for some reason I felt that didn’t apply to me. It was like I was just reading a book standing on the outside looking in.

I desired to be close to God, yet to grasp and know that God is with me, He loves me and that He made me to have a personal relationship with Him took some time. The more I read His Word and meditated on scripture, and the more I spent time in prayer and worship that distance began to shrink. Now I am happy to say, I now know I am part of the story! I am one of the characters in God’s book – my book – my life He has written just for me.

When I read those words in my dear friend’s book they touched something deep within my soul. Just the fact that the Lord whispers reminds me how gentle He is and does not force himself upon us. He waits for us all along to come to Him, to trust Him and surrender our lives to Him. He will provide all our needs. Sweet friends we don't need to worry, for nothing is impossible for God!

He is all we need.

He is I AM.

Then those words “I AM” prompted me to look in my Bible for all the times they are said. Here are a few. As you read them, let them sink deep into your soul.

I AM your shield - Gen 15:1
I AM with you - Isaiah 41:1
I AM the LORD your God – Isaiah 43:3
I AM the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God – Isaiah 44:6
…for I AM your husband – Jeremiah 3:14
I AM the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? – Jeremiah 32:27
I AM with you always, to the very end of the age – Matthew 28:20
I AM the bread of life – John 6:35
I AM the living bread that came down from heaven – John 6:51
I AM the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. – John 8:12
I AM! – John 8:58
I AM the gate for the sheep – John 10:7
I AM the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved – John 10:9
I AM the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me – John 10:14
I AM the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die – John 11:25
I AM who I am – John 13:19
I AM the way and truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me – John 14:6
I AM in the Father – John 14:11
…and I AM in you – John 14:20
I AM the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing – John 15:5
I AM the Alpha and the Omega – Revelation 1:8
I AM the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades. – Revelation 1:18
I AM coming soon – Revelation 3:11

Dear God, we praise you and thank you for all that you are and for being I AM. You are all we need!
In Jesus' Name,
Amen

Have a blessed day sisters!
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment