One person can make a difference

Friday, May 25, 2012

Today's post comes from Ursula at Coffee Time with God
 "In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." ~Matthew 5:16

We live in a world today where people are hurting everywhere. Just look around you and you might see a neighbor who just got divorced with 3 small children and she doesn't know where to get the next meal from. A co-worker who got locked out of her fiance's apartment after he left her for another woman. A family member who is stuck in an abusive relationship and desperately needs help and support or a close friend just got diagnosed with cancer. What can YOU do the help, what can YOU do to make a difference? How can YOU let YOUR light shine?

Everybody knows someone who is hurting but only a few will reach out. Those who don't do anything might think that they are not able to make a difference but you CAN make a big difference. I believe and the Bible tells us in Romans 5:18 "...just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people" that one person CAN make a difference. Especially being a Christian we should show love to everybody, especially to those around us. Showing love should be part of your lifestyle. "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you" ~John 15:12 

To Love is a willingness to Do something for another person. 

“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” Quote by John Wesley 

I love that quote, it's straight to the point to do good all the time as much and as long as you can. As Christians it is our responsibility to do good to everyone, to be Christ like, to be transferred in His image. And besides doing good to all we are also responsible to preach the Gospel and share the Word of God.

Sure we have our own problems, carry our own crosses, but that doesn't mean you should stop helping others. Instead reach out to someone who doesn't know God yet, be a light to them and talk about Jesus and what He has done for you in your life. Ask if you can pray for them, invite them to a Bible study or a Sunday worship service. When you do this God will bless you.

"Even though I am free of the demands and expectations of everyone, I have voluntarily become a servant to any and all in order to reach a wide range of people: religious, nonreligious, meticulous moralists, loose-living immoralists, the defeated, the demoralized—whoever. I didn't take on their way of life. I kept my bearings in Christ—but I entered their world and tried to experience things from their point of view. I've become just about every sort of servant there is in my attempts to lead those I meet into a God-saved life. I did all this because of the Message. I didn't just want to talk about it; I wanted to be in on it!" 
~ 1 Corinthians 9:19 ( Message) 

I recently moved back to the south of The Netherlands where I am originally from. There are not many Christians here. Most people are either Atheists, Catholic or worship other gods like Buddha. I was put to work in a government supported project with most people not knowing God and I would grumble and complain to the Lord about it but He said: "I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles" ~Isaiah 42:6

Now that I have been there for a few months I see how God has been using me there to listen to people who have been hurt and disappointed by loved ones. People who don't have hope anymore. In return I have shared testimony about what God has done for me in my life and that there is still hope. I have invited some people to come to church and the women's fellowship meetings. A couple of them have come to church already Praise God. I know this is the beginning of saving many more new souls.

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds" Hebrews 10:24

So I would love for ALL of you to be encouragement. Look around you, see who needs prayer, see who needs a helping hand. Let's do it, full of belief, confident that we're presentable inside and out. Let's keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word. Let's see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching. 

God bless always and stay Spiritually Well and Strong.

Much Love Ursula

1 comment:

  1. Thats so true about letting our light shine wherever we are, whoever are. If we do what we can, God will meet us where we are and do what we cannot. I used to worry that I wouldn't make a difference but your post reminds me that everything we do is enough so thanks Ursula for letting your light shine through your blog post!

    ReplyDelete