Love heals your heart

Wednesday, May 9, 2012


Today's post comes from Salina at State of the Heart
Psalm 147:3 He heals the broken-hearted and binds up their wounds.” NIV

In the words of Third Day; 'you may feel like your life is shattered with no way to be fixed again, but at a time you least expect it, love heals your heart.'

The longer I live here on earth, the more convinced I am of how much God truly loves me. If that were not so He wouldn't feel the need to constantly place so many new and unexpected gifts along my path. One of the biggest gifts He has given me is the ability to give and receive love.

For humans, love is much more than just a basic need; in fact, our need for love is so strong we’re willing to do almost anything to achieve and maintain it.

Everyone needs to know how much they’re loved; even the Bible says that love is one of three things that will not only endure, but is also the greatest of them. (1 Corinthians 13:13).

There have been many instances in my life when I had to rely on love to carry me through a hard time. Pain, hurt, and rejection are impossible to hide from and even harder to understand, but with love we are able to find an escape; a reprieve from those feelings.

When a painful event occurs that tries to disrupt our love, we might feel as though our hearts have been broken into so many pieces they might never be put back together. When this happens, we need to choose not to believe the lies our enemy puts in our minds; instead we need to turn to the truth found only in God’s unending and enduring Word and love.

God’s love is different from the everyday love we are exposed to. His kind of love never asks for anything in return. It’s compassionate, merciful, and unconditional. He loves us with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3). We truly are blessed when God’s mercy covers us, even if we feel as though we don’t deserve it.

I recently found myself looking back and reflecting on all the instances in my life where I was deeply hurt. Some of the pain was caused by normal life occurrences, the rest were inflicted through human influence. All of the pain produced lasting scars and at the same time left me feeling as though I might never recover.

I know the future will hold more pain for me, but it gives me great courage to know I have God in my life to rely on, to help me through whatever may come. I also know I could never survive without my husband, family and best friends. They rescue me over and over again, and are currently helping me put all those broken pieces of my heart back into place. In short, they are the very glue that holds my heart together and I thank God for them daily.

For those of you who feel as though you can’t go on, believe me when I say there is a way through it. It may be hard to see for all of your pain, but if you trust in the Lord and wait on His timing, you will be delivered. There is no better safety net than knowing if you fall it will be straight into His loving arms. His arms are big enough to cover every hurt in your life, they are strong enough to hold you for as long as you need to be held, and they are loving enough to wipe away every tear you've ever cried.

Please pray with me:
Dear Lord;
Our hearts are so tender and easily broken, and sometimes we just don't know how to react in situations that hurt us. The easiest, safest way is to hide from all the pain and withdraw into our shell, but when we do that we have the tendency to miss out on so many lovely treasures.

I praise You for allowing me the time to work through all the hurts in my life, and for always being there by my side, even if at times I wasn't able to see it. Father, I can’t imagine what it would be like to not have You or the support system You provide for me daily. I pray that if there’s anyone out there reading this who feels trapped, alone, or is dealing with a broken heart Your words will give them hope and healing.

Pour Your love out on them and help them to see that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Use me to help them in any way You see fit.
In Your name I pray, Amen

I'd love to offer you the option of having someone to talk to without judgment or fear.  Please feel free to contact me through my blog link.  You are loved.

Love Heals Your Heart, Third Day, from the album Wherever You Are, 2005, lyrics by Brad Avery

1 comment:

  1. My wish is your words could be read in all the dark and lonely places in the world. No one gets through life without heartbreaks. Not everyone knows where to turn - to the Lord. Your words, as always, shine Light.

    ReplyDelete