Where can I go, without Jesus by my side

Friday, April 20, 2012

Today's post comes from Anita at Scattering the Stones
'We put our hope in the Lord.
He is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord,
for our hope is in you alone.'

Psalm 33:20-22 NLT

As I spent time with God, praying about what He would like me to share with you today. I felt led to write this psalm. I hope it blesses you.

Psalm: A journey from darkness into light

As I walk the path before me, seemingly stony, dry, with potholes at every turn,
I search the bare ground before me, stumbling, falling, into every pit.
A clash of darkness and baking sunlight clawing at my tired soul, the wind lashing at my feet

Tears tumbling from my eyes, pools of water sting my cheeks, reminding me of a time long ago.
I stand at the crossroads not knowing where to turn,
the longer I walk, the path never ending, where shall I go?
Strength fast disappearing, my body shattered, my mind weak...
My back breaking, from this heavy load.

My heart surrounded by barbed wire for protection,
Alone, so alone, sinking further and further; my focus pulled into the slimy pit.
If only I could rest, if only I could have a drink ...Is there a lake before me? Or is it a mirage?

I fall down, cradling my heart; darkness overwhelming, choking me, reminding me of my past.
Chains wrapped around me so tightly slashing at my flesh.

With all that I have left I cry, 'why have you abandoned me?'

The heavens shudder as I hear the mighty voice of my creator; speak honeycomb words that are sweet to my soul.
At the sound of His voice the darkness that once enveloped me, suddenly disappears.
At the sight of His majesty the stones roll away.
At His presence the shadow of the empty cross, shelters me from the storms and fiery arrows.

He whispers 'Precious daughter I AM here,'
'Don't be afraid, for I have redeemed you'.
The power of His words stops the cruel words of poison that had been killing me slowly.
As the arms of mercy catch me, He strengthens me, as He rescues my crushed spirit.

Peace like I have never known surrounds me as I sit at the throne of grace.
My raw face cupped by the hands of my Saviour, holding me close, so tenderly.
My tears of pain kissed away, by love.

In my desperation He heard my cry, as I hear, 'I know, for I was there.'
Words of Truth and inextinguishable light, filters through every part of me.
The meaning of life captured in what He has done for me.

I hear the music of angels and all of creation singing His praises.
The scales fall away from my eyes.
My life - a well watered garden, an ever flowing steam.
My heart leaps with Joy, woken from the depths of sorrow, a rainbow of Hope touches my soul.

I see my name glistening before me, written in the book of life.
Love casting aside the chains and prison doors, lies banished from my side.
Fear broken by one look into His eyes.
My heart healed by His glorious presence; forever changed a new creation.
Loved. Cherished. Forgiven. His.

Anita x

No comments:

Post a Comment