I Give You Glory!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

This week's post comes from Dawn at The Most Perfect Gift

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.  We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.” Hebrews 12:1-2

When I read this scripture, I can easily vision myself with other Christians running into the wind with the look of perseverance on our faces. We are running and stripping away at our clothes [sin]. Pieces fall to the ground and we keep on running our eyes fixed on something straight ahead.

We are running to the cross that is in the near distance. The cross is empty. Yet just beyond it we can see Jesus sitting at the right hand of God in the Lord’s throne room. All the while Christians that came before us are sitting up in the clouds cheering us on. “Go Dawn! Go! You can do it! Just keep your eyes on Jesus! He loves you and is waiting for you at the end of the race! Remember what He endured for you on the cross?! You can do it!”

I can remember being a little girl and hearing the story of Jesus’ resurrection. All I really remember is there was a tomb, Jesus was there and a huge boulder. How did He get out of the tomb with a big boulder in the way? I’m not even sure if I remember Him being nailed to the cross or maybe I chose not to remember because it all seemed so gruesome to me. It saddens me that as a little girl I never understood the story. Somehow I missed it.

Thank you God for opening my eyes and giving me the understanding of what You did for me, for all of us who believe! Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26

There is so much love at the cross. God gave us [sinners] His only Son so we could have eternal life. God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.” 2 Corinthians 5:21

I have no words that are sufficient. Why don’t you join me for the next few moments with our hands raised to Heaven and worship Him!

Oh, how beautiful
Are you Lord
It’s Your words, it’s Your love
Oh, how glorious are you Lord
It’s Your power, it was Your cross
That saved me and rescued me
Just a moment there set me free
I give You glory glory!
With a crown of thorns You became a king forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment