STOP, DROP, AND PRAY

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

This week's post comes from STARLA ESPINOZA at Keepin It Real

Sometimes it doesn't seem to take much to make me mad.  People who can't drive, (or drive worse than I do).  When things don't go my way, (am I spoiled?).  Having to repeat myself, (by the 3rd time that is). Etc.....and the list goes on.  Thankfully, the Holy Spirit always intervenes within seconds.  Yeah it may take me a minute or 2 (hours that is), to actually listen.  When life throws darts at me, it's time I put up my shield of faith and take some of my own "godly" advice.

STOP (time out, blow the whistle) and ask myself,  "Self, what is really going on? Is it really that serious?  Will it matter in the next 10 years?"  That question is a great way to put things in perspective. I should also put on my helmet of salvation (guard my mind and my hard head) and my breastplate of righteousness (basically act like I have some sense).

DROP it and give it to God ASAP.  I say that I trust Him with every second of my life (at least that's what I tell people). And I really do trust Him so why do I feel the need to be a backseat driver?  He has already proven time and time again that His way is much, much better than mine.  And please whatever I do, don't speak while I'm upset, (nothing good typically comes out).  Keep my mouth shut. I must let it go and keep it movin!

PRAY and then pray again, then pray some more til I get it right.  If I can't seem to utter anything at the time, I could always ask someone to pray for me.  Now Starla that does NOT mean call someone and start complaining about someone else, (girlfriend you know that is gossip).

Oh, and one more thing.  Get my PRAISE on and give God glory for giving me the grace to be able to do all things through Him.

I am a strong woman with thin skin aka sensitive.  Is that an oxymoron?  I don't know but it could be a dangerous combination.  I act like I don't care what people think about me but honestly, what person doesn't care what people think?  I mean we have to care a little if we want to keep our job, and our friends, and--well you get my drift.

Wow.  Have I really told people to do all these things at one time or another?  It was most likely God telling me what to say.  It's great advice and I need to put it to use.

Ya'll pray for me cause you know life is not always a box of chocolates and a bowl of cherries but that sure sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment